So, after the diabetes scare, I was on cloud nine that I was healthy and this pregnancy was a breeze. Baby E is still moving like crazy and making herself known and I felt great.
Before I got pregnant, I did get migraines. They were never bad enough that I had to go to a doctor, just took a few IBU and I was all better. Well, last Monday I was at work, and I was talking to Brandy, and I realized that my vision started getting blurry, there were blind spots, and I was seeing little streaks of light, like a lightning flash. I knew this was the start of a migraine. I figured it was from lack of caffeine so I took two Tylenol and it never progressed into a headache and eventually my vision came back. Two nights later, I was getting ready for bed and I realized my vision was going and I was seeing those lights again, but it was close to bed time so I didn't take any medicine, and WOW did I pay for that. I was up the whole night with a terrible headache, and at this time, Tylenol wouldn't touch it. I had a headache for over 24 hours and it eventually went away. Throughout the week, I had a total of 4 episodes where my vision was going, and this started to worry me. Of course, I google'd it and it was telling me all of these possible scenario's and of course they were all scary. So, I called the doctor and they wanted me to come in right away to have my blood pressure checked. I went in, and luckily, my blood pressure was fine, so they prescribed me a headache medicine and chalked it up to migraines, nothing related to the pregnancy. I did experience another vision impairment tonight, but Tylenol was able to prevent much pain.
On a positive note, when I went in, they told me her heart rate was 143 and strong. She is constantly moving, reminding me she is there. She always is jabbing me around my belly button area, and I think I am bruising from the inside :) Finally at 30 weeks!! Cannot wait to meet our little girl, but she can stay in there for a while longer, as the book says she is just a little over 3 pounds and 17 inches toe to head.
I'm so happy for you Kaly! I can't wait to meet the little girl who already makes me smile! Love you. Nicki
ReplyDeleteAh! i can't even imagine what it feels like to have a beautiful baby in my belly beating me up from the inside - must be unreal! God bless you for the rest of your pregnancy! xo
ReplyDelete