An update on Baby E. I went in for my 28 week appointment last Monday where I had my blood drawn and my blood sugar was tested. Please note, that this was the morning after my birthday. When I went in, they said they would call me on Monday if there was anything wrong, but no call was good. I have never had any issues with my blood sugar and so far this pregnancy has been a breeze, so I never thought twice about it. Monday came and went and when Nate and I were on our way to St. Luke's for our tour, I checked my voicemails and saw that I missed a call that day from the doctor's office. I instantly was sad. I called and they said that I tested high for my blood sugar. I needed to be 130 or below, and my results were 134.
The whole night I was pretty sad. Reading about gestational diabetes, it stated it was from bad eating, lack of exercise etc. Everything that I was reading, was everything I was not. I know that there were a lot of things that were out of my control, but I knew that I had stopped doing Farrell's, I don't eat as well as I used to, so I blamed myself alot.
I was scheduled to come in at the end of the week. The whole week I focused on my diet and went back to the Farrell's diet. When I went in on Friday, they took my blood three times. Each time testing my blood sugar level, and if one time it was over the limit, I failed and was put into the diabetes program. Needless to say, my numbers were perfect and they said that I definitely did not have diabetes. I was so happy and thrilled that I was healthy and my baby was healthy.
Oh I'm so glad that everything worked out:) I have heard a lot of people fail the first test and pass the second:) You and baby are very healthy it sounds like!! So glad you put a new blog up:)
ReplyDelete