Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Half Ironman--CHECK!

As you all know my amazing husband has been training to run a full Ironman in Wisconsin on 9-11-11. This past weekend Nate competed in his first Half Ironman in Palo. I must say that I have never been more proud of him in my life. For those that do not know how far just a HALF Ironman is, it is: Swim 1.2 Miles, Bike 56 Miles, Run 13.1 Miles. I have seen how much time Nate has put into his training so I knew that he could do it :) His goal was less than 7 hours, and he did outstanding at a total time of 5 hours 50 minutes. He even said that during the swim he purposely would put himself in tough situations (example: having someone draft behind him) and then in the run, he walked two of the miles, as he drank too much water and needed to readjust. We were mostly anxious about the swim, and he was out of the water in 37 minutes!! So, after this weekend we are so confident in his ability to do great for the full Ironman, 2.4 mile swim, 112 mile bike, and a full marathon to finish at 26.2 miles. This wife is SO ready to have her husband back!! :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment