Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Baby Room Progress

I went to Cedar Falls this past weekend and I went shopping down town main street with my friend Liz. We stopped at this really cute shop and I found this metal sign hanging and I instantly knew that was going to be the inspiration for Baby E's room. The very next day I went to Menard's and picked out paint colors that matched the sign. I picked a light purple and a deep pink. I went home that night and started painting right away. I got the paint that is safe for pregnant women to use, and it literally has no odor, so it was great! We decided to make the room mostly purple with one wall pink. Then as we were painting we decided to make a stripe on the pink wall to pull it all together.


The next mission were wall decorations. I was talking around Gordman's and I saw metal butterfly decorations that matched the little butterflies that were on the metal sign that I had purchased. I bought three with anticipations that they were not going to match, but when I hung them up, we really liked it! So I went back the next day and bought two more, and we finished the whole wall. Now my next step is to find bedding that pulls it all together. I really do not want to spend $200 on bedding, so I am thinking that I may try and make the bed shirt and curtain myself. I have not used a needle and thread in years, so this will be interested. How hard can it be? :)


One out of four wall's finished, time for furniture! :)

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! The more I find out about you the more alike I find we are. I am crafty like you..find different things at different stores and they all come together. I love the room....and your baby girl will too!! I agree on $200 on bedding! UMM no thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete