Nate and I knew we wanted to have a family right away. Married in September of 2010, we thought the sooner we could have a baby the better.
It was January 2011 and I was planning on visiting my friend Liz in Cedar Falls for a girl's weekend, and I thought that I should take a pregnancy test, just to ease my mind as I went out that weekend.
30 minutes later with a glass of red wine in my hand, I remembered to check the Clear Blue. As I stared at the word "PREGNANT" I could not hold back my smile. I looked at my tummy and at that time I said, "Little embryo I am so proud of you for swimming so fast, you are already a good listener and I promise to be a good mommy." At that moment I was already in love.
The past few weeks I was thinking of unique and clever ways to tell Nate that we were pregnant. Needless to say, all those ideas went out the window as I ran into the kitchen where Nate was at the kitchen table, and I just held out this blue stick and smiled. As Nate realized what I was doing, he instantly stood up and gave me a huge hug! Behind all the emotions we were both thinking the same thing, "We need to go to Wal-Mart and get more!"
Three positive pregnancy tests later, we were ALMOST certain we were pregnant.
The next morning I went to Planned Parenthood to have a urine test. It was right next door to my job, and I knew the doctor's office would schedule an appointment a few weeks out, and I had to know! So, I went in, and sat in the waiting room, all smiles and excited. As I looked around, no one else was happy at all. :)
When I went into the doctor's office with the nurse, she was SO excited to hear that this was exactly what I wanted! When I said that we were trying, she looked at me, and said, "Wow I never hear that, I am so excited that I get to help you!" After two more positive pregnancy tests, I was 99% sure that I was pregnant!
No comments:
Post a Comment