Sunday, June 5, 2011

Blue or Pink?

When thinking about how we wanted to tell our family about, "what kind of baby we were having" (in the words of my youngest niece Emerson), we decided to go with the following idea.

We found out what we were having during the ultra sound, and we called Tip Top Cakes, out of Iowa City, and told them to make a cake with a certain color in the inside. We invited our family to Zeppelin's for dinner, and when we cut into the cake it was either going to be Blue, for Boy, or Pink for Girl.

I purchased blue and pink plates and had everyone pick a color of plate, equivalent to the sex of the baby they thought we were having. Out of 21 people only 5 people picked a pink plate. When we cut into it and it was Pink everyone was very thrilled! This is going to be the first grandchild for Nate's parents and the fourth granddaughter for my side. We could not be more thrilled! People always ask if we wanted one or the other, and honestly, at this point we want at least 5, so we are pretty sure we are going to get both :)

1 comment:

  1. I just love this :) What a creative way to tell everyone. I had wondered if you and Nate knew before you cut the cake! I would have wanted to know too:) I am loving following your pregnancy:)

    ReplyDelete