Sunday, June 12, 2011

Farrell's and races

So, this weekend was the third annual Run The Flood of Cedar Rapids. I have done it every year, so once again I was signed up this year. I must say this will be the last long distance run I have for a while with no training. Baby E. did not like momma running that far, she was definitely making me earn every one of those 7 miles.

My niece Bailey ran the whole time with me. We finished at around a 12.5 minute mile with a great heart rate. My sister and her whole family ran it this year, so it was a great event all in all.

I have decided to freeze my Farrell's membership. I did it consistently for the first 5 months of my pregnancy, but with being short handed and work and being so busy, I realized I wasn't making it to class as much as I hoped. So, I decided that I am going to start running at night along with my neighbor Ashley. We will stick to 5k's that way I can stay in shape and healthy through the pregnancy, and if I do sign up for a longer race, it won't be so hard. Tomorrow is our first run of the summer, so hopefully I can get a few miles in a night. At this time, I'm not hanging up my running shoes, quite yet!

1 comment:

  1. This is what I have been doing and I feel great...somtimes I walk fast for 3 miles and sometimes I run a couple. My body always seems to approve! So awesome of you to be doing all these races. Don't let anyone else tell you what's ok for you and that baby. You know best! LOVE your blog:)

    ReplyDelete